3.25.2015

Another day

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/374502525238953840/


The sun lit up the room, laughter filling the air.

Oh, is this what it's like to live in the mountains? To live with a purpose? To see the ever so precious sun set lightly behind the hills?

I could hear the music, but I didn't listen very closely. For I heard another song throughout the room. I heard laughter after you've fallen so far and finally pick yourself back up. I heard flowers embracing the cool wind and the warm sun. I heard one last goodbye from winter and one beautiful hello from spring.

I heard love. 

It was a crazy, beautiful, amazing melody. You'd laugh just sitting there, but you could feel it.

When you saw their faces, scrunched up in laughter. When you saw sunburned faces with a smile upon them. When you... felt their victory of another day gone. 

Another day to eternity. 

But another day full of despair, of hope, of victory, of friendship. 

It's so hard to write about something so utterly amazing. Something that even I can't wrap my head around. 

But I'm glad it happened. I'm glad I'm here.

And to me, that's the most precious gift. 


14 comments:

  1. Wow. Simply wow. You are the most talented writer :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to give a battle cry. Or something equally awesome. *whistles and clicks like Mr. Fox* ;-)

    "When you... felt their victory of another day gone. " Wow, that is soooo....powerful in its simplicity. Thank you. I needed that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XDDD I LOVE THAT WHISTLE AND CLICK. WHAT EVEN. Also that movie ended at the most convenient time everrrrr.

      You guys are dah best. <3 I was debating deleting that line, but I'm glad I kept it for you. And it also helped me write the rest of the post before I got too distracted. XDD

      Delete
  3. Perfection in a post, dearest. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordaayyyy. I doubt this is perfection because it isn't you. ;-D

      Delete
  4. PERFECT. How do your words always just flow together so smoothly and just make you connect to it so personally?
    Your writing never ceases to make me feel <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just write write write my heart out, Lauren. Then I post it without reading over it. XD Thank you from all that I am. <3 thankyouthankyouthankyou

      Delete
  5. I literally live in the mountains... and are surrounded by them for miles. It's quite a beaut! :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WANT TO. I WANT TO WITH ALL OF MY SOUL. I AM FROM THE MOUNTAINS. I am a tree that doesn't belong in the city. I am a river running wild. I am the harsh wind and the gentle sun. I belong with the mountains. *cries forever* Keep those mountains pure for me, yeah? I'll stay once I get the chance. And I'll never leave.

      Delete
  6. Love this! I live around mountains and surrounded by forest and it is so wonderful <3 This is perfect, never ever stop writing okay? You make my day so much brighter whenever I read something of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT. WHAT. WHATWHARHTHAWH. Are you serious?

      *jumps off a cliff*

      *hops on an eagle's back*

      *whoops and screams with joy*

      *jumps down in front of your house*

      *bursts into your room and gives you the biggest hug ever*

      YOU MAKE MY DAY BRIGHTER WITH YOUR LOVE AND COMMENTS, ELIZABETH.

      Delete

you're a peach! ♥ thank you for leaving a comment.